Be Here: EDU helps students tell their stories with new mobile storytelling tools and resources.
In addition to helping students explore and better understand the communities they live in, Be Here: EDU provides students with training in 21st century skills and experiences that can translate into internships and job opportunities in the research, culture, and technology sectors.
- Use new mobile technologies and the power of cultural storytelling to teach practical research and digital media skills within the classroom;
- Foster cultural exchange between students and local residents through sharing and learning about what makes each community unique and important;
- Break down boundaries between educational institutions and communities by building creative partnerships that cross the “town & gown” divide.
Be Here: EDU provides participating professors and students access to training, support and expertise in the use of cutting-edge digital publishing technologies. Professors and their students are encouraged to collaborate and develop ideas for location-based storytelling projects with local communities and within the university. MuseWeb provides expertise in digital storytelling and mobile experience design throughout the development and implementation of the projects.
Be Here: EDU Resources
- Storytelling workshops
- Digital project management workshops
- Guest lecturers from the cultural sector and/or partnering academic institutions
- Networking events to foster interdisciplinary and cross institutional partnerships
- International network of cultural and academic institutions for project collaborations
Professors and students at Baltimore universities have already created these tours with the support of the Be Here program:
Morgan State University
- West Baltimore Beyond the Fire: Art Along Pennsylvania Avenue
- Walking through Waverly: Baltimore Murals and their Stories
Johns Hopkins University
- Sharp Leadenhall Walking Tour
- Curtis Bay Walking Tour – coming soon!
Contact us for more details and to get started!